So for the last while I have been potty training Cole. Honestly, I didn't know how it would go. I worried that it would never happen, that he would be in a diaper until he was 10! But I am happy to say that he is making progress. NO going back to diapers!! Yeah!! This is quite the milestone. A big milestone really. The first time he went in the potty we were dancing around the bathroom singing "do a little dance, make a little noise!" We are so happy and he is so proud of himself. I bought a musical potty chair. Perfect for Cole, every time he uses the potty it plays music. So that has helped the process. Tonight was the first time he used the potty to go #2. After he did he looked down and said "that is big poop, it is like a dinosaur poop!" I don' know where he got that, but I was laughing so hard.
With every thing I am learning to do things on Cole's time and on mine. People sure like to give all kinds of advice and I am realizing that I have to rely on my own instincts. I need to trust in them more.
Tonight Trent gave Cole a father's blessing for the new school year. This is real life for you, he was sitting on the couch and I was sitting next to him. At first he was doing good and then after a few seconds he kept wiggling and trying to twist his head to get Trent's hands off of his head! Trent had to just end it. But I am so grateful for Trent and this blessing in our home. Trent is a good Dad. He was out of town this past week and it made me realize all that he does for our family and how much I rely on the security and stability that he provides.
We sure aren't perfect parents, but I have really felt that the Lord has been with me, especially lately as we have tried to help Cole. Certain ideas will come to mind and they have really helped.
On a lighter note, I am loving fall. It was cooler today and Cole and I went on a walk. I love to look at everyone's fall decor on their porches. This weekend we are going to go to Amish country to pick up our pumpkins, flowers and some baked goods. I am looking forward to that.