
Trent and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on April 15. We had a great week celebrating. April 15th was a Thursday and we decided to go to the temple this year. I was so glad we did because I was able to reflect on the last 10 years we have had together. I remember the day we were married like it was yesterday, but so much has happened since then.
I wouldn't want to go back to the beginning, I am glad we are where we are today. We have gone through a lot together and made some great memories. Trent is a wonderful person, loyal, hardworking, funny, a great father, organized and thoughtful about life. He has a carefree, love life attitude and I so appreciate this.
When the weekend came we spent the day together while a friend watched Cole.


Every Mother's Day there are so many women I think about.
First, I always think about Cole's birth mother. I wonder what she is thinking and how she is feeling on this day? I wonder if she knows how much she is loved and appreciated? I think about the miracle that occurred so that I could be a mother to Cole.
I think about my own mother who taught me so much. I often think about the little lessons she taught me. I think about how courageous she was and how beautiful I think she is and wonder what she would think of me today?
I think about my own sisters who all have had to figure some things out on their own about being a woman and a mother. They are all great mothers and examples to me.
I think about my friend, Holly, who struggles with infertility and know that today is probably going to be a hard one for her, but how I think she is already a great example of motherhood and how she has influenced so many young women.
I think about my friend and past manager that taught me so many things about being a gracious person and how to show thanks often. She also adopted her son and she would give me great words of insight.
I think about my Grandma who was the most idealistic grandma anyone could have, I realize now how rare it is to have a grandma like her. She was caring, loving, had a great laugh and was there for me for so much. I miss her so much.
I think about how blessed I am to have a great mother-in-law who shows me so much kindness. Who makes me feel so comfortable and accepts me for who I am.
I think about my Aunt who I feel so grateful to be able to build a relationship with. She listens and validates. She shows me so much love.
I probably could go on but I am so grateful for all the influence of the great women in my life. I am thankful I can put in to action my traits of motherhood and love and teach Cole. He teaches me so much and I have learned so much about myself.

I recently participated in Race for the Cure. This was a great experience. I haven't taken the opportunity to do something like this since my mom passed away in 1991. I so enjoyed it and was pleased that I was able to run at least 2 miles of the 3 mile race. I definitely want to do this next year.