Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas at our house: Part III

This is life with our silly boy Cole. When I told him to "smile" this is what he gave me! It has been busy around here for the past few weeks. This past weekend was busy with work and having the missionaries for dinner on Saturday and having a family from the ward to our home on Sunday for dinner. Trent has time off from now until next Tuesday and then will get a couple days off next week.
Cole came home early from school today because he was feeling sick. They were going to have a "Polar Express" themed day in Kindergarten and he wore his pajamas to school and I had baked him some cookies since they were having cookies, reading the story, and watching the movie. I feel bad that he missed it. I have been busy with getting things ready for Christmas, so today with Cole not feeling well, we sat in the rocking chair and he ended up falling asleep. That hasn't happened for a long time! I have to admit I liked snuggling with him and just relaxing and not feeling the need to go anywhere or do anything. Just enjoying the moment.
Cole has gotten so big. He has progressed so much this year and especially since he started school. He is so excited for Christmas and keeps telling me "Mom, I am so anxious!" I have to wonder if that is what is making him not feeling well today, more of an anxious stomach then anything else!

I hope you all are enjoying your holidays and are able to relax and enjoy the time with family and friends.