Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Year


I can hardly believe that Cole's first year in preschool is coming to a close. He has really made a lot of progress during this year and I am so proud of him. I was a little worried at the beginning of the year about him being able to sit still in circle time and participate in centers, but during the year his teacher said he has been able to do both. I was such a newbie mom at the beginning of the year and pretty emotional at the open house they had, leave it to me to break down and cry! I think it was just a wave of emotions that hit me that day. We had gone through quite the process for him to go to preschool (countless evaluations) and realizing he was in this new stage of being more independent. And although Trent is constantly reminding me that we couldn't stay in this stage forever; tantrums, diapers, saying "no" all the time, screaming at the top of his lungs in the stores (that is my favorite!), the constant messes, etc. I will still lay in bed some nights and get so emotional thinking about him growing up so fast. Because if all those things go away so do all the other cute little things; him sucking his thumb while dragging his blanket around, calling elevators "alligators", all the trips to the "blue park", how he likes to snuggle in the morning and watch the Disney channel, how excited he gets when I come home from being gone somewhere, him saying "lay with you" when he wants me to lay down with him at night, his giggles and easy laugh. It is good for me to type this because it is a reminder that I need to enjoy each day and not waste one minute.