
Maine was absolutely beautiful! So idealistic with its beach houses by the coast and quaint towns. It was amazing. The first couple days it rained, but then the rest of our trip it was perfect weather.



We flew into Manchester, New Hampshire and drove right to Hampton beach. It was cloudy and a little chilly so I didn't dress Cole into a swimsuit because I didn't think he would want to get into the water, WRONG! He ran right in the ocean fully clothed and loved every minute of it! Then we drove to our hotel about an hour and a half away to Maine.





The second day it rained a little bit so we drove to Freeport Maine where they have a bunch of outlet stores like LL Bean. Then we drove to a lighthouse called Portland Head light. It was pretty foggy, but Cole was loving the trail that went along the coast. I however, was worried that Cole would fall off the cliff since they had a fence for part of the way, but then it ended. Cole has NO FEAR! He wanted to climb down the rocky cliff to the beach! He is so adventurous. I really realized that this trip. You won't find Cole sitting quietly building sandcastles, no he is the kid that is climbing the rocks and exploring down the beach!
That night we ate seafood on a boat with our good friends Sam, Jen and their kids, Mark and Laura. They were our neighbors here in Ohio, but moved because of a job change back in October 2008. We have missed them a lot, so it was good to see them again.

The third day it rained the ENTIRE day! It was such a bummer. But we still got out a little bit and went to downtown Portland. We ate pizza and ice cream, but pretty much relaxed back in our hotel.



The fourth day we went to Crescent beach, Yah! I really liked this beach because it wasn't busy and it was nice and big for Cole to run all around. Of course this day I had him dressed ready for the ocean, do you think he got in the water?? NOooo!




The fifth day it was the 4th of July. We went with our friends to their local beach called Kennebunk beach. The kids had a lot of fun together. We grabbed lunch at a local sandwich shop and then went back to Jen and Sam's house to eat. Then they were so kind to watch Cole for us while we went to Kennebunk Port. We walked around a little while. Drove by where the Bush's have a house. Then we went over to a bakery, had some goodies. Since Cole is on this gluten free diet, I seriously crave baked goods! I feel like I pretty much have to be on the diet because I don't want to eat in front of him. So we really enjoyed a cupcake and cookie. Then we saw another lighthouse. We really enjoyed being together and it was a much needed break. Plus, Cole had so much fun with Mark and Laura. When I called to check in on him Jen said "sorry to say, but he isn't missing you at all, he is having so much fun!"

The sixth day we went to church in Cape Elizabeth. I was glad we went. It was testimony meeting and a girl bore her testimony that was being deplored to Iraq. I really enjoyed listening to her. I think that is the one thing about traveling, you realize you need to get outside yourself and reach out to people.
Then we went to Higgins beach. This was a great beach too. It had a bunch of pools by rocks that Cole loved. And who knew that a simple rock could provide so much entertainment. We found hermet crabs too.
That night I went to a movie with my friend Jen. This was the last time we saw each other. I was pretty bummed to have to say goodbye again. She is such a good friend. She has really been a good example of what kind of friend I want to be. She is so generous, thoughtful, and always so helpful with Cole.





The seventh day we went on a lobster tour. You go out in a boat and pick up traps that they have set for lobsters. When we first got on the boat Cole kept saying "want to see monsters" it took me a minute to realize he meant "lobsters!" Too funny. Then we went to Ogunquit beach. This was nice and big. On the way back to the car we walked the Marginal way. It was beautiful scenery.
And then the next day we came home. Although I am glad to be back in the comfort of our own home, I really miss being on vacation. This trip was amazing and the beach is the perfect place for Cole to run around and for me to take some deep breaths and relax!