Monday, August 31, 2009

It has been a great summer..now get to school!

Vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles, his favorite!

Playing with his friend Braden!
His new bike!


It really has been a good summer. I always have a mixture of emotions when summer is over and school begins. Not really wanting summer to be over, not ready for the cold weather, especially not winter. However, now until the end of the year it is really fun to have the change in seasons for the holidays.
Our trip to Maine was so much fun and probably the best vacation I have ever been on.
Some other great things have been happening lately with Cole. The first one is that he learned to go under the water at the pool this summer. He had to watch me a few times and then he tried it. He was so excited to do this that he kept doing it over and over. He was so proud of himself! The second thing is he learned to ride his tricycle and he is pretty good at that now. The other night he was riding his tricycle with the neighbor girls (they are like two little mothers with Cole!) and they had him riding their big bike with training wheels. They were chanting "put your hands in the air like you just don't care!" Cole was so excited to ride their big bike that I told Trent it was time to get him a bike so he could enjoy it before the weather gets too cold. We were thinking we should wait for Christmas, but I just wanted him to be able to ride while the weather is decent.
The third thing is our primary program is next week. We practiced this past Sunday for it (both Trent and I are now in primary). Anyways, it is so cute to see him transition into this stage where he is sitting on the stand singing primary songs. The other day he started singing "I'll seek the Lord early." That is one of the songs they have been practicing this year. It is cute too because he will sit in the car with his big keyboard and start singing and then tell us "I'm singing!"
So he has really made progress this summer, we are so proud of him.
This stage can be so exhausting with the time and attention it takes. I am thankful for these proud moments where all the hard work and effort payoff.