So a couple of years ago I was reading one of my most favorite blogs www.thenester.com she had a post about these cinnamon rolls she had made from the Pioneer Woman. I decided to make them and let me just tell you they are the best.things.ever! I really should make them more then once a year, I have been making them every year at Thanksgiving. They are really so good! This is my first experience with Pioneer Woman's recipes, she did not disappoint. So I was on the Pioneer Woman's blog yesterday and decided to see if she had a recipe for pulled pork. I just bought a pork shoulder and wanted to make it for dinner today. I tried her recipe and the meat was very tender, a little on the spicy side. She used a whole can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce and said to half it if you don't like it too spicy, we still thought it was spicy only using half the can. So maybe next time I will use less. Here is the recipe:
1 pork shoulder (her recipe was for a 5-7 pound shoulder, mine was about 3.5)
1 can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
2 cans of Dr. Pepper
1 onion chopped
salt and pepper
Chop up your onion and put it in your crock pot (she did it in the oven at 300 degrees, but I used my crock pot). Salt and pepper both sides of meat and place on top of your onions. Pour your chipotle peppers on top and your Dr. Pepper. Turn your crock pot on low and let cook for 6 hours. If the meat is not falling of the bone after six hours then cook for 30-60 minutes more. I ended up cooking mine for about 6 1/2 hours. Other than being on the spicy side (we are wimps) I thought the meat turned out very good.