So I have been wanting to take Cole swimming at the indoor recreation center near our home for a while. With his preschool schedule, it makes it a little hard to pick a day. Finally on Friday I decided to take him over there. They have a playground in the water and he loves to turn the wheels so that the water shoots out. They have a lazy river and water slides (he hasn't tried these yet). We were having such a great time. After swimming we were going to meet a friend and her little boy at the indoor playground that they have in the rec center. So I decided to take Cole around the lazy river one more time before we got dried off to meet our friends. Just as we were done coming around the river Cole swallowed too much water and started choking and coughing. All the sudden he starts to throw up all over the both of us! First it was a little bit and then more just kept coming! Nasty! I hate throw up. I try not to throw up when I am sick because I hate it so bad. Plus, we were pretty far in the water so I have to walk a ways to the edge of the pool and all the while I am cupping throw up in my hand. The lifeguard comes over to help wipe us off and get us under the shower. Well then of course they have to close down the pool to clean out the water. We go to the locker room to get dressed and everyone kept saying "yeah they closed the pool because someone threw up!" No one knows it is us and I didn't want to tell them! But there was one nice lady in the locker room that I said something to and she was really nice about it. Of course all the old ladies that were there for swim class were all upset about it! OH WELL! Needless to say we didn't meet up with our friends, we had to go home and take a shower.
This isn't the first time he has caused some alarm. One day we went to the children's science museum and their play area is quite large. Cole was running all over looking at everything. We all know Cole's fascination with doors and so all of the sudden this loud alarm goes off and everyone thought it was the fire alarm. Cole comes running towards me with this shocked look on his face and everyone else starts running to the doors. In my mind I am like, I know it was Cole who was playing with the doors and set off the alarm! Leave it to our son! Soon an employee says "oh it was just the door, not the fire alarm."
Yep mom knew it all along!