
We had a great time last week playing outside in the sunshine! Cole played with the neighbor boy a few times and I think it is just what he needed. We rode bikes around the path stopping to look at the worm in the puddle and throw his jeep in the mud, went to the park to throw rocks in the pond, and did some rocket balloons.
A couple weeks ago we went over to Toys-R-Us and Cole had fun playing with all of the toys. There was a toy that he wanted and I told him maybe for his birthday. Well of course he doesn't understand that is still 2 months away and that is an eternity in his mind. So I decided to have him start helping me with chores around the house and then he could earn some money. One day he had fun spraying the windows while I cleaned them and then today we vacuumed the upstairs. We are putting his money in a jar in his room. I don't know if he really "gets" it, but I guess it is good practice for me. Really if I had my way I would probably drive to Toys-r-us right now and buy what he wanted, but I really do want to teach him to earn things and not just expect them.
Last night I watched a show on Elvis. First let me say he really was so handsome. Second every time I hear his music I think about my Dad. My Dad, sister Risha and I went on a couple rode trips together and we would always listen to Elvis. I think I should go call my Dad right now! :)
Hope you have a good week!