So like I said we have been "trying" to be more consistent with f.h.e. and so last night we attempted to read the scriptures together. Cole was watching Wall-E and I told him it was time for family home evening. I knew what his reaction would be even before I said anything. He throws himself down on the floor crying and saying "I want to be done, want to watch my movie!" Well we start calmly saying it is okay and we are just going to read for a little bit, he still doesn't like the idea and continues to scream and cry. Trent tries to start reading, I am not feeling it at all because Cole is continuing to carry on. Finally, Trent gets him calmed down telling him he has a choice of going in his room or staying out with us and not crying.
We start again and Cole is all over the room, I don't really care for a minute, but then he starts whining again. Finally we just say ENOUGH and go to put him to bed.
He doesn't like this idea very much either and through his tears he says "I want to read the scriptures!" Trent got a good laugh from that because yeah right like he really does!
Later when Trent and I were laying in bed we start talking about how maybe that wasn't such a good idea right before bedtime and then we start laughing about how we are all trying to read "and now behold they went hither and thither" with a screaming child in the background.
It just seems humorous sometimes when you stop to think about what you are trying to do meanwhile getting irritated at your child! ahhhh I had a good laugh about that one! Just had to share.