Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas {Miracle}


Trent and I have these friends Brooke and Holly. We met them when we moved here to Ohio. They are an amazing couple. So down to earth, funny, would do ANYTHING for you and have become such good friends of ours. They have been so good with Cole and he absolutely LOVES them. They have been married now for 10 years just like Trent and I and just like us they have struggled to have children. About 2 years ago they decided to move out to Utah to be close to Brooke's family, then shortly after moving there decided to move up to Idaho. They just felt like it was a good move and Brooke was able to get a great job out that way. A couple months ago Holly called to tell me that there was a girl who was pregnant that was a daughter of a friend of Brooke's sister. They met with Holly and Brooke but then the birth mom decided to go with another couple. Holly said they felt at peace and knew what was meant to be would happen. So last Friday Holly called me to let me know that the birth mom had contacted them and said that she kept having a nagging feeling that the other couple was not meant to be the parents of her baby and she felt strongly that Holly and Brooke were the parents. So Holly and her husband drove down to Utah and on Saturday met with the birth mom and her mother. The baby wasn't due until today but was born on Tuesday and everything has come together and Holly and Brooke have adopted this baby boy!!!! I am so so happy for them. They are the greatest couple and I had chills when she was telling me everything. We still have a ton to talk about because there have been so many great things that have taken place over the past few days for everything to come together.
It has made me think about our own adoption story with Cole and what an AMAZING miracle adoption is. The day we met with Cole's birth mother and her family and seeing Cole for the first time has been the most spiritual experience in my life so far. It is such a miracle to see Heavenly Father's hand in our lives.
I was reminded again how children really are a gift from our Heavenly Father.
I love how this has happened at Christmas! I just had to share this great news!