One thing she loved to do every year was make her own gingerbread house. She would make the dough from scratch and with care, cut out every single piece to the house. Then it would bake and fill the house with a yummy aroma. With her greedy kids snagging the candy when she wasn't looking she would decorate the gingerbread house with such perfection that I am coming to realize what a skill she really had. Little icicles would hang from the rooftop, the icing would run along the edge of the house in just the right design and the gumdrop tree would sit perfectly stacked in the corner.
How oh how mom did you get your gingerbread house all perfect down to every.last.detail!
What I have thought for the past two times I have TRIED to make these blasted things would be a fun time ends up being more of a PAIN.IN.THE.BUTT!
Here is to the effort I guess. Cole had fun eating the candy at least and I could hear my mom's voice echoing to me from so long ago STOP EATING THE CANDY UNTIL I AM DONE!
I need this for future reference so when Christmas comes again and I stare longingly at the gingerbread kits thinking I can recreate my mom's perfection I can remind myself that mine will not even come close! Oh but my little boy wearing his cute little apron is sure a handsome little thing!