Monday, July 11, 2011

quiet time-yes please!

Today I went visiting teaching. Since we have lived away from family I have really developed a testimony of visiting teaching. I don't think it matters who you visit just that you get an opportunity to talk and share with women of our church. I enjoyed visiting with Amy today. Through our sharing today I learned that I am not alone in the way I feel about raising kids, not to be so hard on myself, that mother's intuition is vital and we need to trust in it, that we can learn from our mistakes and take the opportunity to improve, how being alone is not always a good thing-too much time to think, and how I can show more patience in my mothering. Cole was crying the whole way home that he didn't want to have "quiet time" when we got home (I am trying to implement a couple things at home to make our days run smoother). I told him that I would set the timer and after 20 minutes quiet time could be over. When I went to check on him this is what I found:



Now I am enjoying some quiet time of my own!